This is my first drawing, I use the dome of rotonda, a capsule from the capsule tower, and the column to show the scale variation of modularity.
Individual Drawing First Attempt, One
This one is also my first attempt, in order to show the directionality, I use the Villa Rotonda as a starting point, the columns from Climat de France show the horizontality, and capsules from the Capsule Tower show the verticality.
Individual Drawing First Attempt, Two
This one is my second attempt. In order to show the rhythm of modularity more precisely, I have each element placed according to their directionality and symmetry. The Villa Rotonda in both the centre and the four corners because of it is in a dominant status with openings to four direction. The changeability of the squares shows the changeability of modularity applied in Capsule Tower.
Individual Drawing Second Attempt, One
This one is another interpretation of my second attempt. I changed the squares within squares because circle is more reliable according to the real capsules.
Individual Drawing Second Attempt, Two
This is one of my final drawing. My exploration is to find the rhythm and variation of modularity. I will illustrate some of the key points as follows.
1.The Villa Rotonda is placed in the four corners to express it’s orientation/direction towards its infinite surrounding. It is the base for this drawing to grow infinitely.
2. The columns for Climat de France are placed in squares instead of a rectangle because of square is more resonant with modularity in terms of rhythm.
3. The centre is full of capsules. In the first sight, observer can see there also a symmetry existed, which I obtained from the plan of capsule Tower.
4. The upper left capsules are filled with circle, square, rectangle to resonant with dome (Villa Rotonda), Capsules (Capsule Tower), columns (Climat de France). Also, it is a way to show the changeability and variation of modularity.
5. The shadows of capsules in the lower right show not only the centrality in the middle, but also the changing rhythm of modularity.
This is the other one of my final individual drawing. It is another illustration of my understanding of modularity, also another interpretation of the former drawing.
1. I apply the drawing method of axonometric view drawing. Axonometric view drawing shows not only the rigid pattern of modularity, but also the changing rhythm of modularity.
2. All of the modules are expanding to infinite in their certain ways. This transforming repetition emphasise both the variation and rhythm.
3. Despite its changing pattern, the symmetry still plays a strong role in this drawing.
4. The infinite expansion offers more imagination of essences of modularity.
5. The vertical and horizontal expansion shows the directionality of modularity.